Metal Legacy
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

InícioÚltimas imagensProcurarRegistarEntrar

Behemoth Frontman In Court For Desecrating Bible

Ir para baixo 
4 participantes
AutorMensagem
King.Babar
Supreme Elephant Commander
King.Babar

Behemoth Frontman In Court For Desecrating Bible  Empty
MensagemAssunto: Behemoth Frontman In Court For Desecrating Bible    Behemoth Frontman In Court For Desecrating Bible  I_icon_minitimeSex Jul 01, 2011 3:20 am

Adam "Nergal" Darski, the frontman of Polish extreme metal band Behemoth, has found himself in court over an incident involving the tearing up of a bible onstage.

According to Blabbermouth.com, the singer attended a hearing at the District Court in Gdynia, Poland after tearing up a bible, calling it "a book of lies" and labelling the Catholic Church as "the most murderous cult on the planet." The incident took place at a Behemoth show in Gdynia back in 2007.

UG plus: remove banner

Darski, while giving evidence as a witness, claimed that his actions were not intended to hurt anyone and that he considered the act of ripping up the bible "an artistic metaphor":

"I am a free man, living — I hope — in a free country. Although I do not publicly recognize the principles outlined in the Bible or the Ten Commandments, that does not mean that I am not a decent and useful human being."

This is the second time that the band has come to court over this issue. While the case was originally dismissed in July of last year, the prosecution was granted an appeal which has seen the band return to court. The All-Polish Committee for Defense Against Sects is the body that has filed a suit against the group, accusing them of promoting Satanism.

After his court appearance, the frontman issued the following statement via Metal Blade Records: "I spent five hours in the court in Gdynia today. The case is back on track and there's still a few witnesses to be interviewed. It's way too early to give any further comment. I just hope the final verdict is gonna be positive for me. I have a feeling that I'm in this situation for right reasons and I'm not giving up. Cross fingers! The battle ain't over yet…"

A video of the incident can be found at the following location

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo
King.Babar
King.Babar

MensagemAssunto: Re: Behemoth Frontman In Court For Desecrating Bible    Behemoth Frontman In Court For Desecrating Bible  I_icon_minitimeSex Jul 01, 2011 3:22 am

dat Nergal...
Nangfaldmund
Tapartikoh Supremo
Nangfaldmund

MensagemAssunto: Re: Behemoth Frontman In Court For Desecrating Bible    Behemoth Frontman In Court For Desecrating Bible  I_icon_minitimeSex Jul 01, 2011 12:04 pm

Outra vez? Ele não tinha sido ilibado disto?
La Muerte

La Muerte

MensagemAssunto: Re: Behemoth Frontman In Court For Desecrating Bible    Behemoth Frontman In Court For Desecrating Bible  I_icon_minitimeSex Jul 01, 2011 1:43 pm

Isto já foi há colhões. Ele foi ilibado e ainda lhe pagaram uma caução, depois doou esse dinheiro para uma associação protectora de animais.
Nangfaldmund
Tapartikoh Supremo
Nangfaldmund

MensagemAssunto: Re: Behemoth Frontman In Court For Desecrating Bible    Behemoth Frontman In Court For Desecrating Bible  I_icon_minitimeSex Jul 01, 2011 2:39 pm

Ya meu isto foi há bue
King.Babar
King.Babar

MensagemAssunto: Re: Behemoth Frontman In Court For Desecrating Bible    Behemoth Frontman In Court For Desecrating Bible  I_icon_minitimeSex Jul 01, 2011 2:47 pm

damned ultimate guitar -.- tenho que arranjar outro sitio pra news
Asator

Asator

MensagemAssunto: Re: Behemoth Frontman In Court For Desecrating Bible    Behemoth Frontman In Court For Desecrating Bible  I_icon_minitimeSáb Jul 02, 2011 9:20 am

Não faz mal recordar xD Foi uma grande vitória para o Nergal e para a liberdade de expressão!
Conteúdo patrocinado

MensagemAssunto: Re: Behemoth Frontman In Court For Desecrating Bible    Behemoth Frontman In Court For Desecrating Bible  I_icon_minitime

Behemoth Frontman In Court For Desecrating Bible
Ir para o topo 
Página 1 de 1